Game 14: Fuel at Quad City

When the Indy Fuel and Quad City Mallards met up Saturday evening, it was a hard-hitting affair with the goaltenders stealing the show, with a hot home team coming away with the victory.

The rematch was more of the same, with the Mallards taking a 2-1 victory over the Fuel Sunday afternoon at the iWireless Arena in the Quad Cities.

The Mallards’ victory split the weekend series between the teams, as the Fuel had won 3-2 Saturday night in Indy. The game kicks off a five-game Thanksgiving-week road trip for the Fuel, which will conclude in the same spot next Sunday. It also snapped a five-game Fuel winning streak.

Shane Owen was solid in net, stopping 30 shots and being named the third star in a losing effort, but he was outdueled by  Quad City’s Steve Michalek, who stopped 40 of the 41 Fuel shots.

Indy controlled the opening period, outshooting the hosts 12-5 and drawing first blood when Cody Sharib buried a rebound with 4:25 left in the frame. Garett Bembridge skated up the right side and fired a shot that Michalek stopped, but Sharib fought off a Quad City defender for the weak-side rebound and fired the puck into the open side.

The Mallards tied the game before the end of the period when Raphael Bussieres scored on a feed from Olivier Archambault – who tallied his third point in the home-and-home – for Bussieres’ QC-leading eighth goal of the season.

Indy fired 18 shots in the second period, but Michalek stopped them all, and the Mallards took the lead when Sam Warning tipped in a shot from Jake Baker with 1:14 left in the period. Michalek made it stand up in the third with 11 saves, with the Fuel peppering him with four shots in the final 90 seconds.

The victory was Quad City’s eighth straight home game with a point – they’re 7-0-1 at home after dropping their opener. It also moved the teams back into a second-place tie in the ultra-tight Midwest Division.

Boxscore

3 stars

1. Steve Michalek (QC) 40 saves, 1 GA
  2. Sam Warning (QC) GWG
  3. Shane Owen (Fuel) 30 saves, 2 GA

Takeaways

1. Pretty big weekend for the Fuel. Three games in three nights against the other top teams in the Midwest Division, and they came away with four points, and finished the weekend ahead of where they started – just one point out of the division lead.
  2. This marked the fourth back-to-back for the Fuel. So far, they’ve been swept once, split twice and swept the opponent once, with both of the sweeps involving an OT game.
  3. This is the first long roadtrip for the Fuel this season – five games, eight days, all against teams that were part of the CHL expansion in 2014. Last season, the Fuel got on a roll on their biggest road swing of the season and it carried through the end of the season.
  4. With Daniel Ciampini and Josh Brittain in the AHL, the Fuel’s scoring depth has been tested a bit, but Cody Sharib had a near-goal last night and cashed in tonight on a similar play – a weak-side rebound. He, Alex Lavoie and Garett Bembridge have generated a lot of offense with a  good mixture of skill and speed. Sharib scored his third of the year today. Bembridge and Lavoie each had an assist for the second straight game. The trio had 10 shots on goal.
  5. Matt White generated a lot of offense, with six shots on goal. The trio of Peter Schneider-Dylan Clarke-Kyle Stroh had 13 shots, with the wings Schneider and Clarke firing five each.
  6. Shane Owen had a hard-luck loss for the second time this season. Owen has allowed two or fewer goals in seven of his eight starts, and the Fuel are 5-2-0 when he does so. He has a 1.99 GAA as he and Mac Carruth continue to be a tremendous goaltending duo.
  7. Much like last night’s game – which had the same referee, Nic Leduc – while it was physical, it didn’t have many penalties. Indy had one PP, Quad City two. The Fuel again were perfect on the PK, extending their streak to 18 consecutive kills going back to Oct. 24.

Lineup
Based on the gamesheet. Same forward lines as last night, but the Fuel went with 7 defensemen, so the D pairings rotated a bit.

Cody Sharib-Alex Lavoie-Garett Bembridge
Dylan Clarke-Kyle Stroh-Peter Schneider
Rhett Bly-Matt White-Walker Wintoneak

Kevin Quick-Anders Franzon
Sam Jardine-Nick Mattson
Patrick Koudys-Ben Marshall-Zach Miskovic

Shane Owen
BU: Mac Carruth

Scratches: Reed Seckel, Dillon Fournier (res)

Next up: The Fuel are in Wichita on Wednesday for their first-ever meeting with the Thunder, then travel to Missouri Friday and Saturday before returning to Quad City on Sunday. The next home game is Dec. 3 against Toledo.

75 Responses

1. Hi there, You have done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

2. You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really one thing that I think I’d by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very wide for me. I’m looking ahead for your next publish, I’ll attempt to get the hold of it!

3. 실시간사다리(>→Mir101.COM 카톡:Come99←<) 사설카지노 베트맨토토검색 카지노사이트-http://www.mir101.com/ 카지노사이트-http://nave88.com/ 카지노사이트-http://www.mir101.com/ 카지노사이트-http://nave88.com/

4. 아이스하키일정(>→Mir101.COM 카톡:Come99←<) 프로토NBA 온라인배팅사이트 사설토토-http://www.mir101.com/ 사설토토-http://nave88.com/ 사설토토-http://www.mir101.com/ 사설토토-http://nave88.com/

5. 오릭스야구유료팁% ⦅†† mir101、com 카톡pro9999††⦆ %여농분석 전남경기일정 사설토토-http://www.mir101.com/ 사설토토-http://nave88.com/ 사설토토-http://www.mir101.com/ 사설토토-http://nave88.com/

6. 콜로라도경기일정% ⦅†† mir101、com 카톡pro9999††⦆ %울산광주분석 챔스결승토토 안전놀이터-http://www.mir101.com/ 안전놀이터-http://nave88.com/ 안전놀이터-http://www.mir101.com/ 안전놀이터-http://nave88.com/

7. 趙彥宇 says:

提供瞬效保濕與防曬力的輕盈美肌隔離乳

8. 激光無創熱作用模式精準作用於陰道粘膜層、肌層,使陰道組織發生新生改變,修復由於順產而引起的損傷,解決一系列產後女性生殖系統常見問題。私密緊緻作用原理:刺激陰道粘膜固有層、粘膜肌層,使其膠原纖維、彈性纖維大量增生重塑;彈性纖維網修復,陰道收緊 SUI作用原理:恢復盆底正常解剖位置 陰道彈性纖維網得以修復,恢復到正常解剖位置避免了擠壓,牽拉尿道,使尿道角度恢復正常 盆底血供豐富,間接的使尿道括約肌得以修復進而停止漏尿或症狀減輕 私密敏感、潤滑作用原理:CO2微脈管作用,使血管重建、促進血液循環 血管活性腸肽(VIP)和神經肽Y(NPY) 表達增加,敏感度增加 血流量增加,陰道上皮細胞功能增加、陰道粘膜自分泌功能增強,潤滑度增加

9. 激光靶向祛痣:對斑痣的顯性症狀能快速控制、甚至消除,短期實現肌膚無暇;多款激光設備深層激活膠原蛋白活性,深層煥發激活生命力。快速補充肌膚活性:根據顧客肌膚特性,醫生配套無創注射項目,為肌膚注入玻尿酸、肉毒素等能直接補充肌膚活性,快速補充肌膚缺失的玻尿酸、膠原蛋白,並能達到年輕態塑型的效果,從膚質和形態上保持年輕。聯合療法:注射玻尿酸、肉毒素等產品、配合精確波長的激光能加速透明質酸、肉毒素等物質的吸收,能極大化提高注射營養物質轉換率,最高達30以上,塑形效果保持3.5個月以上,年輕態效果保持時間延長1年以上。

10. 豐潤 says:

迅速而溫和地卸除眼部濃妝的卸妝液。

11. 解決 says:

有關抽脂手術、脂肪存活、存活、自體脂肪移植、自體脂肪、全臉補脂、術前術後等一些術前術後、詳細敘述比較。

12. ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS 美妝品牌情報匯集 找品牌 ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS ,匯集了ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS眼影盤,唇蜜,其它唇彩,LIPS,EYES,FACE

13. Karinadug says:

online le prix

1582 cheap online in us

1582

14. Maksdug says:

precio online genrico

c226

15. Kamadug says:

online talk forum

57c8 online online oder kamagr

16. Kamadug says:

what dose online is right

57c8 online online offerte

17. Vianordug says:

online urticaire

85d3 take online twice a day

18. Vianordug says:

online liquid form online

85d3 where to online online 1 tablet

19. Vianordug says:

can i take online and tylenol

85d3 wow online onlineonline onlin

20. Vianordug says:

where to online online 1 tablet

85d3 wow online from canada

21. Svetadug says:

brand online price per pill

d23c discount womans online

d23c online online online ireland

d23c

22. Aveniradug says:

only today pills online

6a28 online bestellen zonder recept

23. Aveniradug says:

insurance covers online

6a28 trusted online online

24. The e wiz your archers by the enemy towers so jason still didn’t do it that’s alive we saw the hog rider and we’re doing not gonna be happy i don’t have to worry.

25. Esperdug says:

5mg online effects

86af order prescription online

26. Likadug says:

online prices in the us

19d8 can i online online in belgium

27. Roalddug says:

comprare online su internet

86c3 online online 10mg

28. Erazmdug says:

online onlineo para que serve

aa9c new prices for online

29. Ignatijdug says:

price pa online

a541 price pa online

30. jordan retro says:

After research a number of of the weblog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site list and can be checking again soon. Pls try my site as well and let me know what you think.

31. Ignatijdug says:

best online online pill

a541 cheapest price of online

32. I am often to running a blog and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and hold checking for brand spanking new information.

33. jordan shoes says:

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nevertheless I’m experiencing situation with ur rss . Don抰 know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting equivalent rss problem? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

34. There are definitely loads of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a nice point to deliver up. I offer the thoughts above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions like the one you carry up the place crucial factor shall be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around issues like that, however I’m sure that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both boys and girls really feel the impression of only a second抯 pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

35. Selinadug says:

online on sale at boots

f4ff how to use spray online

36. Savinadug says:

cheap online online

73a1 cheap online soft canada

37. Izotdug says:

online one day dove

4a3d online free coupon

38. Edgardug says:

best online phamacy for online

b97f online online answers

39. Edgardug says:

online online online genuine

b97f isonlineingonlineonlinesafe

40. Yuk Jual perabot murah perabot murah murah murah

41. Thank you for all your effort on this site. My mum takes pleasure in managing internet research and it is easy to see why. We learn all regarding the compelling ways you deliver both useful and interesting secrets through the web blog and in addition attract contribution from some other people on the subject matter and our favorite daughter is truly studying a whole lot. Have fun with the remaining portion of the year. You have been conducting a superb job.

42. Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extremely special chance to discover important secrets from this web site. It can be very ideal and as well , jam-packed with a great time for me personally and my office acquaintances to search your blog particularly 3 times in 7 days to find out the fresh guidance you have. And lastly, I’m just always motivated considering the good creative concepts served by you. Selected 1 tips in this post are completely the most effective I’ve had.

43. I would like to express my respect for your kindness supporting folks that really need assistance with the matter. Your special dedication to passing the message all-around had been amazingly advantageous and has encouraged employees much like me to arrive at their endeavors. Your new insightful tutorial means a lot to me and a whole lot more to my peers. Many thanks; from all of us.

44. lebron 15 says:

I enjoy you because of every one of your hard work on this site. Ellie take interest in conducting research and it is obvious why. Most people know all relating to the compelling form you provide effective tips by means of this web site and as well as inspire contribution from other ones on the point while my child is starting to learn a lot of things. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. You are performing a good job.

45. I would like to get across my respect for your generosity supporting folks who really need assistance with this study. Your personal dedication to passing the message all over appeared to be pretty significant and have constantly encouraged people just like me to arrive at their objectives. Your entire insightful tutorial signifies this much a person like me and still more to my fellow workers. Thanks a lot; from everyone of us.

46. I wish to convey my respect for your kind-heartedness supporting those people that should have guidance on this topic. Your special commitment to getting the solution throughout has been unbelievably advantageous and has continuously enabled guys just like me to get to their dreams. Your warm and helpful report means a whole lot a person like me and additionally to my colleagues. Regards; from everyone of us.

47. My husband and i felt absolutely joyous that Edward could finish off his homework while using the ideas he received from your web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to simply always be freely giving concepts which usually many people may have been making money from. Therefore we remember we have got you to be grateful to for this. The entire illustrations you’ve made, the simple website menu, the relationships you make it easier to foster – it’s mostly incredible, and it’s really aiding our son and the family reason why this topic is enjoyable, which is certainly exceptionally important. Thanks for the whole thing!